Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Nephews






My sister and nephews come to Iowa from Washington State last week to visit. Like a good uncle I took their portraits while they were here. I went out to Marion and used some of the alleys and store fronts as backdrops. I normally like to venture down town to take portraits in the alleys, but with the flooding that had occurred earlier this year I have had to venture out to find other area to use. I am glad I did because it pushed me out of my comfort zone and I think we had a great session because of that. Here are some portraits that came out of that session.
If you are looking for something different then look around to places you have been before. What I mean by that is; parks and studios are great places to have portraits done but they are not the only place. If you are looking for something different then look around at the places you spend time at or pass by each day. The store fronts in Marion were just the place for us, but maybe you prefer some of the shop fronts in down town Cedar Rapids. Perhaps your family spends some morning time at a little java joint with a warm atmosphere? Just remember anywhere could be a great place to use for a family portrait, all you have to do is ask your portrait photographer. If they are up for a challenge and the store owner is ok with the portrait session then be ready for great portraits.

No comments: