Monday, August 25, 2008

Around the Bush





This past Saturday I was outside washing my wife’s car when I noticed that these butterflies were persistently hanging around our butterfly bushes. So quickly I got my digital PHD camera and returned to take their portraits. I was not entirely sure that once I returned that they would be there but there they were, still flying around the bushes. If anyone who has tried to photograph butterflies knows that once you have spooked them from their flower they rarely return. So with the camera on and the lens extended out I began to stalk the winged creatures. I was again surprised on how long they put up with my presents around them. I shot a dozen photos of each butterfly. After they had their fill of nectar and my shenanigans they took off. Later that night I edited the photos and created what you see here.

Besides taking portraits I am love to just pick up the camera and photograph something that catches my eye. I feel that it gives me a new challenge and a new way of looking at things, which only sharpens my portrait skills in the end. I hope you enjoy the portraits and if you have any questions about them, feel free to e-mail me or comment on them.

This weekend I will be taking Alicia and Tyler’s wedding portraits so keep an eye on the blog for their wonder portraits. I can’t wait!

No comments: