Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Beautiful Day for a Wedding


Congratulations to Tyler and Alicia on tying the knot on Saturday Aug 30th. The couple’s ceremony was held outdoors in Solon at “The Barn”. The weather was beautiful with bright skies, cool temperatures, and a light breeze. The main round barn is not quite finished but where the ceremony took place, an arch made of limestone blocks stood as a picture window looking over the large pond surrounded by small woodland. The area stands as a natural amphitheater with a brick deck surrounded by limestone ledges and steps that lead to the large round barn. There are four other barns just down the road. One is an old red round maintenance barn and 3 limestone round barns. Torches lined the path to guide you to the one of the three barns is where the reception took place.
I felt that I witnessed a truly blessed event. With their family and friends at their side they took their vows and pledged their love before all to behold. From the moment they first saw each other dressed and for the rest of the day until I left you could see that they were in love. You could see they had a hard time refraining from smiling or gazing at each other. They were truly a happy, loving couple for all to see.
I really enjoyed myself while I was taking the portraits. Early in the photo session one of the bridesmaids found a small frog. I got a photo of the frog and the bridesmaid together. I don’t think she kissed the frog because we did not see a prince that no one could account for. We later discovered that we were surrounded by the small amphibians as they made their way through the grassy field to the large pond. The bridesmaids and bride had parasols for the portraits. The bridesmaids had lavender while the bride had white. The lavender made a great background on a portrait of the bride and really stood out against the red barn in another.
I would also like to take this moment to give a big thank you to Dawn for helping me out on this wedding. Not only did she give me the use of her camera, but was my “Patsy “to me. It would have been very hard for me to get the portraits I got if Dawn did not lend a hand. Thank you once again.
I would like to thank Tyler and Alicia for the privilege of taking your wedding portraits. Best wishes for the two of you and have a wonderful honeymoon. We will see you soon with the prints from your special day, I can’t wait.

1 comment:

AliciaJean said...

This is WONDERFUL!! We were so excited to see our pictures up on your blog and we are really looking forward to seeing them! Thank you so much!

-Alicia Gray